Designer Genes

Jeans have a history that has evolved from lowliness to high status.  It all began with Levi Strauss. With his entrepreneur spirit he found a way to use his surplus canvas. He developed jeans which were basically for poor working men. They were rugged, wore well, and were made to last.  My dad shared with me that in the depression days, one wore his best jeans to church for that was all they had.

Entering into the 21st century designer jeans have a certain place in fashion.  Today designer jeans range from $200 to $500… http://www.articlesbase.com/antiques-articles/designer-jeans-922113.html . Everyone is crazy about top jean brands such as Hudson, True Religion, Joe’s Jeans, and 7 Jeans just to name a few. More affordable versions can be found in American Eagle, Hollister, Delia’s, and Nordstrom’s. A jean trend that is very popular is distressed jeans! The distressed jeans are put through chemical treatments that reduce the wear of the garment.  The chemical treatments create holes, tears, and discoloration of the jeans to make them have a vintage appearance. Distressed jeans are usually the first to sell out in the stores. They are so popular because they have a unique look and no two are exactly alike.

We are created individually unique by the Master Designer, God himself. In Psalms 139: 13-18 (NIV) we read:

For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from youwhen I was made in the secret place,when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.Your eyes saw my unformed body;all the days ordained for me were written in your bookbefore one of them came to be.How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!How vast is the sum of them!Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand—when I awake, I am still with you.
It is the Lord’s desire for our hearts to be transformed by Him, but it is the desire of the world to transform and destroy what God has made beautifully. When you really think about it, designer jeans are massed produced but God makes each person individually distinct. While each pair of jeans has to be destroyed on the outside to be accepted this is not the case for us. Each one of us has a need individually as daughters of the most high God to reflect the inward beauty He has given us and declare the great works He has done! Just that alone makes one wonder in awe.  The Creator of this mighty universe made you and had thoughts about you as He formed you.  Now that is designer genes!

By Ruth Gomes, Edited by Sarah Joyner & Caitlin Bradt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top